Lemon is a very important citrus fruit that is used a lot throughout the year. It is used with various meals in preparation and presentation, in addition to being enjoyed as juice on its own or with additives and for the treatment of cold and congestion symptoms.
- Lemon is used in the treatment of scurvy, which is associated with vitamin C deficiency.
- Famous for being used in the treatment of influenza and stomach upset and in the digestive process, because it contains vitamin C and a percentage of fiber.
- It reduces blood pressure and improves arterial performance.
- Contains bioflavinoid antioxidants.
- Lemon also promotes heart health and digestive health.
- D-limonene, found in lemon oil, has anti-cancer properties.