Corn yellow and white
Shafik farms is distinguished by the cultivation of white and yellow corn due to their importance and high nutritional value. The difference between yellow corn and white corn is the color of the pigment present in them. The yellow color in yellow corn is due to the carotenoid pigment, while the white corn is almost devoid of this dye and therefore its color is white.
- Helps growth: This is because it contains a large proportion of B vitamins, such as thiamin and niacin.
- Corn also contains pantothenic acid, which is an essential vitamin that helps in the dietary conversion of carbohydrates, fats and protein in the body.
- The role of corn oil in protecting the heart comes because it contains substances that protect against cholesterol and reduce its level, and thus prevent heart injuries.
Yellow corn is very rich with a lot of benefits
- Protects the heart: Yellow corn contains unsaturated fatty acids such as omega-3, which help reduce harmful cholesterol in the body. It also protects the heart from strokes and heart attacks, and helps prevent atherosclerosis.
- The digestive system: as it contains the important dietary fiber for the digestive process, it is useful for the digestive system.
- Protection from anemia: Yellow corn contains iron in addition to folic acid, which help to increase the number of red blood cells, which protects against anemia.
- Cancer prevention: because it contains antioxidants and phenol antioxidants, yellow corn helps prevent liver and colon cancer.
- Skin protection: This is due to the fact that it contains vitamin A and beta-carotene, which are important antioxidants that help in strengthening the skin and its freshness, in addition to vitamin C that protects the skin from pimples.
- It is preferable to eat it for various diets and diets, because it helps to feel full because it is rich in fiber and carbohydrates that provide a person with energy.
- It also contains calcium, mineral salts, and folic acid.